Monday, September 19, 2005

Out with RM1 coin.. and in with LOTS of 50 sen coins!

I had the first taste of what's coming in our very near future once Bank Negara stops the usage of our RM1 coins. Take a good look at this...

... 'coz soon it's gonna be obsolete just like the fate of our previous 1 Ringgit coins...

Anyway, back to my story... I was at KLCC AutoPay parking station about to pay my RM4 parking ticket. Didn't have any smaller notes, so I inserted my RM10 note, expecting 6 heavy RM1 coins pouring out of the machine as my change. I got 12 heavy 50 sen coins instead!

Damn! Apa aku nak buat dengan syilling banyak-banyak ni? Isn't it better with the RM1 coins? At least my pocket seluar takla nampak macam uncang... haha...

So, in the near future, be prepared to be seeing MORE of the 50 sen coins in your pockets.

0 comments: